Disclaimer

This publication is the exclusive property of cj Schlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cj Schlottman. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In Dreams

In  dreams he comes to me, but the moment I wake, he flees as though escaping a raging fire. I only have the smell of him - or is it the smell of fire?  I grope feverishly for images, but they must be smoldering in their own ashes.  So quickly do they vanish that I question whether there was a dream at all.  Where does he go, taking the images with him?  Why the urgent flight from my consciousness?  Am I so frozen at my core that only flames will move me and in so doing drive him out, melting the images into an opaque fog that lifts before I know it is there?

No comments: