Disclaimer

This publication is the exclusive property of cj Schlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cj Schlottman. All rights reserved.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy Birthday, my Darling

Happy Birthday, my Darling,

It’s easy for me to imagine you at 80 - funny and smart and generous and loving.  I would have the most wonderful party for you and invite all the family and a few select friends to help us celebrate your life.  I would cook you a pineapple upside down cake in the trusty black skillet, and we would eat it warm with ice cream.  

The music of Chicago and Herbie Mann would fill the air and love would swirl around us like a gentle cloud.  Maybe we would drag out some old photo albums and pore over them and pass them around.  Some of the pictures would make us laugh real hard and some would make us feel nostalgic.  We would be happy.

And we are happy now.  It took a long time for me to be able to celebrate your life every day instead of once a year, but I can finally revel in my sweet memories of you and our remarkable love affair that spanned 36 years and grew with every one that passed.

I will always be in love with you and will forever take comfort in your love for me.  Your children and grandchildren and great grandchildren will always adore you as they did in life.  You live on in them and you live on in me.

And I am grateful for the time we had together, the life we built and the love we shared with so many people.  I have moved on with my life but I have not moved away from you and the memories we share.  You are as much a part of me today as you were when you were living, and that will never change.

Happy Birthday, my one true love, Happy Birthday,
~Your Fat Girl





  

No comments: